PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

FREDDY'S GOT BACK!!!

We are back!  I have particular reason to be excited this week as I'll be heading back to the San Diego County Fair on Friday, or the Del Mar Fair if you're an old schooler like me.  It'll be greatly scaled back from past Fairs due to limited attendance, but the Fair folks have promised there will still be animal and plant exhibits, a few rides and PLENTY of life-shortening BBQ and deep fried food to clog what few clear arteries I have left, so it should still be fun to an extent.  The return to normal will be slow, but we will get there, day by day.  In the meantime, here's some art!  Enjoy...

This is Fred.  He's a dog, or rather, an alien disguised as a dog!  The creation of Dawn Griffin, Fred was part of her amazing comic Zorphbert & Fred, the tale of two aliens, disguised as dogs, studying human nature.  The comic ended a few years ago, but still leaves a big impression on the webcomic world.  Dawn was among the first pros to really befriend me when I started my journey as a cartoonist on the web, so I always try to work in at least one piece of fan art for her every year.  The series had many great characters, with the weird kid probably being the one most of us related to the best, but Fred was always my personal favorite of the cast, as he reminded me of a dog I'd had as a teenager.  He was a boxer named Buddy who very much embodied his namesake.  Goofy, lovable, large and ever so gassy, Buddy was a dead ringer for Fred, and that was years before I ever met Dawn or discovered her comic!  Funny how things work out on a cosmic level that way.

That's all for June Week 2!  But fear not!  We got more ink lines coming next week!  And it features a character I had never drawn before either, so it's kinda groundbreaking even!  That or my house's foundation needs some serious repairs!  In the meantime, take care, stay safe and I'll catch y'all later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment