Welcome back CRAZIES!!! Well, we have come to it at last. The very end. The grand finale. But if we are gonna end things, we are gonna do it right. And I can't think of a better way to say goodbye than with the first character I ever came up! So let's put an end to things here once and for all as we cross the T's and dot the I's one last time for the month of September 2026 and prepare to move forward into October! What? Did you think I meant something else? Y'all are stuck with me 'til I croak! Anyhoo, onto the art! Enjoy...
Hey hey! It's little Wendy Oriole! The very first character I ever created, Wendy has drifted in and out of stories over the years, debuting initially in the ill-fated One-Shot Express to even popping up Mushrooms and random CRAZYVERSE toons over the years. Her intention though has always been Peppertown, the tale of a lonely slacker named Joe Oriole who sees his life changed drastically when an odd little alien girl named Wendy is suddenly thrust into his care! I've started and restarted this story on several occasions and even did a solo offshoot Christmas picture book called Wendy's Christmas Chaos a few years back that proved to be somewhat popular, but not much else has come from it since largely due to lack of time. Prior to Covid, I had quite a bit free time on my hands. I'll never truly understand why previous regimes at my work seemed so determined to hold me back, especially since I've always just kept quite did as told. Post Covid, my schedule's never been busier. Financially it's been a blessing. Tough from a creative standpoint, but bills must come first. Just wish I could've been working like this before I got all old and broken! Regardless, I came to the conclusion that as a webcomic, Peppertown just doesn't work. It's longform and as such should really be a book. I will eventually get around to doing it. I too have many ideas and love the characters too much not to try and get something done with them. However, it'll likely mean a reduction in Bubble Fox comics during the times the books are being worked on. It's a small sacrifice to make, but these are the kinds of things creators gotta do. As for the piece itself, it actually came out really good, only a few spots that didn't smooth out all the way.
And now that the Spooking Season is upon us, don't forget to leave your offerings to the Gregarious Gourd this Halloween, otherwise he will leave you TRICKS instead of TREATS!!!
And that's a wrap on September 2026! I hope y'all enjoyed these colored pencil portraits of CRAZY Characters! Be sure to come back next week as we kickoff October with some spooky art! Until then, take care, stay safe and I'll catch y'all later!



No comments:
Post a Comment