PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, September 16, 2026

DANCIN' IN THE MOONLIGHT!!!

Welcome back CRAZIES!!!  More than halfway through September already, can y'all believe it?  I don't know why it is that time feels like it speeds up the older you get, but man I wouldn't mind things slowing down a little bit at least.  Especially when it comes to things that I enjoy, like colored pencil art.  Speaking of which, I have more to show off this week if you'd be willing to scroll down and take a look?  Enjoy...

Simon Asparago: The Dancing Asparagus!  Born of the Former Buns & Wieners Art Collaboration on Twitter so many years ago, Simon came about from the first Comic Jam I took part in.  For those who don't know, a Comic Jam is when a comic is started and then passed on to another artist from panel to panel until it is finished.  Early on in the comic, one of the other artists had made mention of a giant, dancing asparagus.  I took it a step further and drew the asparagus and gave it a bowtie and personality.  He became the unofficial mascot of B&W until the club just kinda faded away for sone reason (To this day, there are at least two or three unfinished comics floating around in somebody's inbox waiting to be passed on).  From time to time, I still drew the asparagus, but had never given him a name, until recently.  When he reemerged in a Mike & Mindy anniversary comic, I finally gave him a first name, Simon, after my dear pal, Simon McLaren from England whom I'd met through the Comic Jams.  We bonded quickly over a mutual love of cartooning and absurdist humor and always kept in touch, even as the world rapidly changed around us.  Simon sadly passed away a few years ago.  His digital imprint is all I have left of my pal.  Though I never met him in person, I know he of all people would've appreciated the outrageousness of having an anthropomorphic dancing vegetable named after him.  After all, absurdist humor is how we became friends in the first place!  Sly, I really miss ya bud.  I wish we could've had a few more chats.  I hope you're in a Heaven where Bullet Paw and his pals play you their critter style of blues nonstop.

Another week down as we continue our trek through the falling leaves.  But, more art is coming, so do be sure to come back and see who our next CRAZY subject will be to get the colored pencil treatment!  Until then, take care, stay safe and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment