PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

HEY THERE!!! IT'S AN ASIATIC BEAR!!!

Welcome to the merry month of May CRAZIES!!!  Summer's just around the corner and I'm already getting excited over the coming festivities!  The Fair!  4th of July!  And, of course... COMIC CON!!!  Alright, alright, I gotta calm down and get ahold of myself here.  I'm still recuperating after all!  For those no longer on Twitter, I blew out my (again) at work last month.  Luckily, it won't require surgery but I do need a lot of rest so that my knee will heal properly.  Should be back on both feet by the end of May, just in time for some BBQ!  While I wait to fully recover, may as well share some art with you fine folks!  Enjoy...

It's a bear!  An Asiatic Black Bear to be precise!  And no, that's not honey on his chest and muzzle.  Bears in Asia, like our friend up above and his cousin the sun bear, typically have black or dark brown fur with striking light tan fur patches on their chests and muzzles!  Also contrary to popular belief, when bears are raiding bee nests, they're actually going after the bees themselves!  Bears do in fact have a sweet tooth, but they are also carnivores.  The bees, nest and honey included, are far more filling than just the sweet, viscous liquid we pour on biscuits!  This piece was done for Animal Alphabets awhile back.  Took a pretty simple approach with it which tells me I must've been very busy that week.  The honest truth is if the art ain't elaborate, it's because I was pressed for time!  Still, I'm pretty satisfied with it as bears are fun to draw!

And that's it for this week!  But don't feel blue!  We'll be back next Wednesday with some art that I'm sure you'll have a whale of a time looking at! Until then, take care, stay safe and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment