PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

SOMETHING'S "EELY" FISHY HERE!!!

We're back!  And already at the midway point of September!  Time really does fly as you get older.  I don't think anybody really realizes just how long a week actually is until they're well into their 30's!  But that's not the point of today's post!  It's all about art!  And I got some!  Scroll down and see what's slithering about!  Enjoy...

Hey!  It's... Xerxes...  From the Aladdin syndicated TV series...  *COUGHS*  I'm not gonna lie folks.  They were REALLY scraping the barrel finding characters for some of these letters.  I never watched a lot of the series that Disney put out based on their movies even though I was still within the age demo for it.  Part of the reason was because it was syndicated and as such was left at the mercy of whichever local station picked it up.  In the case of San Diego, my hometown, it aired on KUSI at noon, a time when my butt was parked firmly in a 40-year-old desk chair at school as opposed to my couch!  The larger part of it though was because even as a kid, I could tell that the animation quality wasn't even close to that of the movie and Robin Williams WASN'T voicing the Genie.  It wasn't the first time the Mouse House would pimp a beloved property on a dingy street corner, and it certainly wouldn't be the last.  This one was particularly insulting though as the movie is easily among Disney's best and could've spawned a great series of theatrical releases given how deep the Arabian Nights mythology really goes.  Now, they're just doing live action remakes.  Actually makes me yearn for the Eisner era!

Another week passes in this CRAZY time frame!  But we'll be back next week with even obscure silliness that'll hopefully make a few of you say "Hey!  I remember that!"  Until then, take care, stay safe and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment