PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

WONDERCON 2022 IS STILL IN TRANSIT; ENJOY 2019 INSTEAD!!!

Welcome to April CRAZIES!!!  Hot damn what a show WonderCon was!  At least I hope that's the case.  As of this writing, I'm in the process of packing, so it hasn't even actually happened yet!  Yeah, I know, I make the same joke every year but dammit, it get's a chuckle out of me, so I'm gonna keep doing it!  I can tell you for sure though that my future self is no doubt exhausted from the whole thing, so let's just get to the pics shall we?

Since 2019 was the last year they had a WonderCon pre-pandemic, that's where this week's journey takes us!  Hold on to your novelty video game shirts folks, because the CRAZY WonderCon Countdown is technically still a go!  Enjoy...


Always good to see the whole family getting involved in the cosplay!

The Fourth Doctor stopped by looking for a new Tardis!  

This kid's parents are clearly raising him right as he already knows how awesome Mystery Science Theater 3000 is!

He doesn't make monkeys, he just trains them!

The Average Joes are without their top player!  They already decided!

MEEP!!!  MEEP MEEP!!!  MEEP!!!  Wonder if Muppet Labs has good health coverage?

She found her Courage!

Hot Rod surely would've approved...  So long as he remembered to pay the piper!

You know the day's gonna start off right when you run into Kingpin in the Hilton lobby!

Always love to see some Batman '89 cosplay!  Jack Nicholson will always be the definitive Joker for me.  Yeah, two other actors have won Oscars for the roles, but this was the movie that sparked my interest in the superhero genre to begin with!

This Muse was inspiring all who passed by!

Mystery Ink loves them some steeply discounted Disney pins!

Check it out!  It's the Slash Street Boys!  That pun would've worked a lot better in the late 90's I assure you! 

And lastly, the Hat Box Ghost finds his way off the ride again!  Fun Fact here, the Hat Box Ghost WAS a part of the original Haunted Mansion at Disneyland, but his practical effects never quite worked, so he was pulled shortly after the ride opened.  After realizing that he had in fact existed,  Disney Imagineers added him back into the ride several years ago after a refurbishment, using newer projection and LED technology to finally pull off the disappearing head trick!  This was among my favorite cosplays at the show that year.

And that was WonderCon 2019!  It was a very fun show, despite some of the troubles of home following me there.  If I'd know several huge problems would be solved within a month of coming back, I might've been able to relax more, but that's hindsight for you.  It was still a good time had by all, highlighted by frequent, impromptu dance-offs held out front every day of the show!  It's a tradition I hope will continue as we move forward and heal.

That['s all for this week, but fear not!  We still have a bit of late WonderCon fun as the Countdown concludes next week!  So be sure to come back and give it a look!  Until then, take care, stay safe and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment