PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

ACRYLIC POURING: THE FINER SIDE OF CRAZY!!!

Greetings my CRAZIES!!!  It's the last post of April and a couple days past my birthday!  Getting older is always bittersweet, but lately, it's been inspiring me to try new things: New foods, new books, new clothes and, more importantly, new art forms!  Last Christmas, I tried my hand at acrylic paint pouring while making Christmas ornaments for my nephews and nieces.  It was a lot of fun and created some very striking marbling patterns.

As cool as the ornaments turned out, there was one downer: LOTS of paint got wasted!  It's a fairly inexpensive technique to try, but it does add up after awhile, especially considering how many ornaments I made!  When I recently tried paint pouring on some masks for potential sale, I placed them on top of some canvases, thus creating TWO works of art, with vary minimal paint waisted!  These are the final results of the canvases.  I'll share the masks at a later date.  Enjoy...

First two efforts used a mix of canary yellow, emerald green and imperial violet.  There are a million tutorials on how to do acrylic pouring (With Mixed Media Girl on YouTube being VERY highly recommended), but the Cliff Notes version is layer different colored paints in a cup and slowly pour on a blank canvas or object.

More of my mix of canary yellow, emerald green and imperial violet.  Although I liked how these came out, they just weren't very striking visually.

For this piece, I switched out canary yellow with gold and was VERY happy with the results!  You may have noticed I was on a bit of a Mardi Gras kick when I was making these!

This piece was largely inspired by the color scheme of Mike from Mike & Mindy, though I didn't get color of his shorts in.  Still, it does have an awesome ocean vibe to it.  Almost looks like a wave crashing!

Lastly, we do a Mike piece without a piece inspired by Mindy's color scheme as well!  This one I wasn't too thrilled with as the Lavender color overwhelmed everything.  I guess one thing I learned during these attempts is that you wanna be sparing with the darker colors, though I can see the flip side of things too.  Just remember while trying ANY art form really: It's all trial and error until you find your flow!

And that's a wrap on the month of April!  It's been a long hiatus, but the blog art returns next week, so be sure to come back and see what I've cleaned up for proper viewing!  Until next time, take care, stay safe and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment