PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

MIGHTY MEETS MODEST!!!

HERE I COME TO SAVE THE WEEEEEEEEEEK!!!  Well, maybe.  I mean, it's just some simple art that I hope makes your day a little better.  But it could also be the greatest art ever!  But probably not, just passable.  What does all the contradictory babbling mean?  Scroll down and find out!  Enjoy...

Oh Mighty Mouse, you're far too kind!  There's not much backstory to this one.  Pinch Punch Post picked mice as a theme, and I decided to make a pun out of it.  Mighty Mouse was an easy selection.  He's surprisingly relevant still despite the fact that his cartoons haven't been seen on television regularly in over 30 years and his home video presence consists of ONE short on numerous public domain collections and three shorts on the New Adventures of Mighty Mouse DVD set.  There's a whole host of theories as to why the old Terrytoons shorts aren't available, despite being owned by Nickelodeon through the Viacom acquisition (Which is why they're among the few classic cartoon series that haven't been on Cartoon Network), but we won't get into that here.  All I knew was, his name made him an easy choice.  The other mouse, not so much.  Then I remembered there was a band called Modest Mouse, and that name totally worked so I ran with it!  Funny thing is, until I drew this, I'd never actually heard any of their songs!  Some pals recommended the song Float On, and I must admit, it was pretty catchy with a fun, animated music video attached.  Better late than never is among my mottos in life!

That's all for this week.  Be sure to come back next time so that we can finish off the Merry Month of May with some art that would certainly make Mighty Mouse's pals Heckle and Jeckle smile a bit!  Until then, take care, stay safe and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment