PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Thursday, May 17, 2012

FAN ART EXTRAVAGANZA!!!

Hey folks!  Just quick update today.  In addition to comics, one of the things I enjoy doing is fan art!  Fan art is not only a great way to show your love for something you enjoy, but it's also a great way to sharpen your skills as an artist!  So enjoy these pieces that I've done in recent months!  Until now, they were exclusive only to my Twitter followers!

El Chavo... So many memories with this show!  Many in the Hispanic community are well versed in the roots of the legendary El Chavo del Ocho.  The odd thing is, despite having watched it for most of my life, I couldn't even begin to tell you what it's about!  It's just one of those things that's so stupid, it's funny!  The red bee guy in the center is El Chapulin Colorado.  He would eventually get his own show and later served as the inspiration for the Bumble Bee Man on The Simpsons

 As a kid, I never really read Archie Comics.  I was, however, somewhat intrigued by the lifelong battle over Archie between Betty and Veronica.  It always baffled me that these two beautiful girls would fight over a total dumbass like Archie!  Still, can't help but admire their determination.  And since I always found the Little Archie stories to be more entertaining, I thought I'd pay homage.

 This piece I did for cartoonist Matt Gross.  He does a hysterical strip called CAAATS!, and celebrated the strip's first anniversary this year!  Matt's one of the friends I've made on Twitter, and has a real feel for character development.  You can check out Matt's great comic here!

 This piece honors Mike Collins of Tiki Machine and his character, Lucy!  Mike's another Twitter friend and does a lot of great art, both through his site and through his wonderful books, including the sweet and funny Lucy's ABC's of Halloween!  I met Mike at the Long Beach Comic Con One Day Expo last weekend and had a wonderful conversation.  He was pretty popular there!  It's a level I aspire to.  Check out Mike's work here!  

 I've spoken on several occasions about the great work done by Tim Miner and his talented daughters Grace and Cate over at 5 Minute Marvels.  They sent out a tweet asking people to draw with them, so I did!  And the result was Adventure Time's best character, the Lumpy Space Princess!  Check out Tim's awesome site and learn more about their great cause here!

 Sheika Lugtu is an awesome artist who does the ultimate slice of life comic, primarily because it's about HER life!  It's takes a lot to do a diary comic, but Sheika takes it to a whole other level!  She's also one of the kindest people I've ever met.  Her encouragement and support are one of the reasons I finally put out a book and started exhibiting!  She's the wizard who gave me courage!  Check out her great work here!

 Dawn Griffin is one of the best web cartoonists out there!  Her comic, Zorphbert and Fred, is absolutely hysterical and a must see for any comics fan!  Dawn is another Twitter friend, who gave me a lot of great pointers as I was gearing up for my first booth experience.  Her tips were a huge help, so as a thank you, I drew this piece for her.  To see more of Dawn's incredible work, click here!

Last but not least, we come to the amazing Mark Stokes, creator of Zombie Boy!  Mark has quickly become one of my best pals on Twitter and is one of the funniest cartoonists out there.  Aside from stories that are just downright funny, Zombie Boy also has great characters, kids that everybody can relate to.  Even if they do all have a touch of the supernatural!  Mark's awesome work can be found here!

Well, that's all for this week.  I hope everybody enjoyed the pieces!  It's every artists' dream to get fan art.  I only hope that someday, some fans or other artists will deem me worthy enough to do some Mike and Mindy fan art.  Take care and I'll catch y'all later! 

No comments:

Post a Comment