PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

THIS TIME OF YEAR?!? THIS TIME OF DAY?!?

We are back!  Not only is the CRAZYVERSARY is still going strong, but we are THAT much closer to one of my favorite times of year: SHAMROCK SHAKE SEASON!!!  Oh yes!  Those gelatinous, minty green shakes that the Golden Arches only serve for roughly one month will be back next week and I fully intend to indulge!  Don't know why they are so addictive, but I just can't get enough of them Shamrock Shakes!  But enough about that.  It's art time!  And I have another fine art piece to show off!  So sit back and take a good long look at my attempt at being more cultured!  Enjoy...

An aurora borealis, one of nature's truest beauties (And a great payoff to one of The Simpsons' funniest bits!).  I won't pretend to act like I know the science behind them because I don't.  I'll just stare in awe at the amazing sights they produce.  This was among my first successful attempts at using oil pastels.  For those that have never used them, they're essentially glorified crayons.  They're made of wax and oil and as such are really greasy!  They are a messy medium for sure, but the effects you can get with them are amazing, especially when it comes to blending.  I learned that one of the most important things you should do when using oil pastels is use a proper paper stock!  You're definitely NOT going to want to use these on standard printer paper or card stock, nothing with a smooth surface.  A thicker paper stock with a toothy surface is best.  They do make paper specifically for pastels, but it can be expensive.  I've found that colored pencil paper and mixed media vellum-surfaced paper are cheaper and fairly effective alternatives.  Watercolor paper can be used, but it will take a lot of coloring to get the effect as the surface is more porous than toothy.

Another week down in our February march!  Be sure to come back next week with a double dose of oil pastel intrigue!  I think next week's art will really grow on you!  Until then, take care, stay safe and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment