PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, February 1, 2023

CELEBRATE 13 YEARS OF THE CRAZYVERSE WITH... FINE ART?!?

Welcome to February CRAZIES!!!  The month of romance is here, though if you don't have a significant other, I guess Pink Halloween is kind of pointless.  But hey!  There's candy at least!  That's cool, right?  Well I feel no need to keep yammering on here.  After all, this month also means that the CRAZYVERSE is now 13 years old!  We've reached blog middle school!  And if it's anything like actual middle school was, I'll probably wanna forget that it ever happened!  Normally I'd be doing something Mike & Mindy-related this month, but this year, we're doing things a little bit differently.  Over the years, I've really grown as an artist.  I'm obviously not turning into Charles Schulz, but I have in recent years really started branching out and trying other things, some of which I've posted.  Mixed media art and mediums beyond markers and digital have really become a bigger part of my skillset since the pandemic, with oil pastels and colored pencils especially factoring into my artwork more often.  This month, I thought it'd be cool to share some of that artistic growth with you, the CRAZY faithful.  After all, 13 years is a long time to NOT try and learn something, so here we go!  Enjoy...

Despite the color choice, I wasn't feeling blue when I made this!  In fact, this was used for the background of my Christmas art last year!  I had tried to do it with watercolors, but it just wasn't happening.  It ruined my original art for it even, so I had to start over.  In the end, I chose oil pastels on colored pencil paper and simply combined it using Photoshop Elements with a drawing of Pepper from Bubble Fox that had been colored in marker with colored pencil highlights.  I was trying to go with a wintery feel, which is why I took the blue route, despite blue not typically being a Christmas color.  I do like the end result though.  The shades of blue blended quite well.  Even as is with the eventual foreground elements not included,  I think this piece really works.

And that's all she wrote for Week 1 of February 2023!  Be sure to come back next time for a little more winter fun with oil pastels as the elements of nature take center stage!  Until then, take care, stay safe and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment