PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

PLANET OAT, AS PLAYED BY A SPHERICAL UNICORN!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  We are past the halfway point of January CRAZIES!!!  And THAT much closer to the XFL, Shamrock Shakes and WonderCon!  I tell ya, I am excited for the coming year!  Sure, there'll be challenges, but I know we'll all face them head-on and be all the better for it!  But enough about the future.  Our minds have to be tuned into the present as well, and right now, my mind is on unicorns!  A unicorn that belongs to a little girl named Phoebe to be more precise!  Which unicorn is that?  Scroll down and see!  Enjoy...

Those pesky unicorns.  Always in the LAST place you'd think to look!  In recent years, I've devoted Fridays to doing Fan Art for friends and artists I really admire, and among the many that I hold in high regard is Dana Simpson, the creator of the beloved comic strip Phoebe And Her Unicorn.  Dana was a pal on Twitter for many years and a very encouraging type, so I always try to throw some Fan Art her way when I can.  She had recently done a storyline where Phoebe and her unicorn, a rather pompous mare named Marigold, played a game called "Planet Oat."  The point of it was Marigold played the planet and Phoebe had to find her, only, she couldn't!  In the end, it turned out Marigold had been turned to stone by a Gorgoncorn and in fact needed rescuing, which, as far as left turns go, definitely goes down as one of the wildest!  At the time though, I had laughed about it and said "Wouldn't it be a hoot if all Phoebe had needed to do was simply look up the whole time?"  Well, my concussion-addled brain started spinning, and out came this art!  Dana, thankfully, loved it and agreed it would've been a funny twist.  She also loved the Lord Splendid Humility Easter egg I planted in the background too!

Well, only one more week to go in our CRAZY Inflation Buster Special, but fear not!  We won't leave any of you feeling deflated.  We're floating off on a high note with some gut-busting laughs, so be sure to come back and see how it all ends!  Until then, take care, stay safe and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment