PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, December 14, 2022

THE HOLIDAYS ARE HERE AND LILLY THE HOLIDAY LIZARD IS READY!!!

We are back and ever closer to the big ride from the big guy in red!  No, not Truman Capote!  I'm talking about Father Christmas!  Kris Kringle!  Pierre Noel!  That wino on the street corner that the mall hired in a pinch!  SANTA CLAUS!!!  The elves are hard at work prepping the presents, reindeer and sleigh while Santa himself argues with Mrs. Claus about whether or not he should start dieting after the holidays are over.  It's an endless cycle, but a necessary cycle at that.  While you eagerly await the arrival of your gifts and family festivities, please take a moment to enjoy this little bit of seasonal art as my gift to you!  Enjoy...

Oh my are we in luck!  You've heard of Santa Claus, Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer, Frosty the Snowman and even Hanukkah Harry, but this rascally reptile tops them all!  It's Lilly the Holiday Lizard!  Her great love of ALL holidays has led her on a path to lift the spirits of everyone she comes into contact with, no matter the month or holiday!  She's a better booster than a Rankin/Bass special!  In reality, Lilly came about after a pal in England sent me a Christmas card after I'd already sent out all the ones I had ordered.  With none left, I drew a custom card with a new character, and Lilly the Holiday Lizard was born!  My friend loved it and I knew deep down this little lizard had some personality.  So I added Lilly to Bubble Fox!  She's not a regular character, but has been featured in several stories over the years and has been well-received for the most part.  She's quite scatterbrained and clumsy, two traits I know all to well!  When will Lilly strike next?  Only fate knows for sure... 

That's a wrap for this week, and hopefully for some of your Christmas shopping as well!  Trust me, you don't want to wait on that!  We'll be back next time with some more familiar characters to send us marching into the holiday weekend itself, so stay tuned!  As a reminder, food, clothing and toy donations are all open now and need your help filling them!  Donate today and help make the holidays happen for those who really need it.  Until then, take care, stay safe and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment