PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

WONDERCON 2018: AN EXPENSIVE AFFAIR!!!

Another week, another post!  Through fate, WonderCon 2020 is neither a distant nor recent memory yet.  We still have a reason to countdown to it, so we are!  WonderCon 2018 is on today's docket, so let's cut to the chase, shall we?  Enjoy...

He's Mary Poppins y'all! 

Fruit Stripe Gum cosplay...  Where to even start?!? 

The Z Fighters were there in full force that year!  And yes, Krillin got owned, twice! 

I get the Feeling Mary Poppins was a Ravenclaw.  Bert for sure is a Hufflepuff, let's not kid ourselves! 

Being a "Popular" web cartoonist, I often do get recognized by folks who desperately need answers to important questions.  Here, I explain to Arthur Weasley what purpose a rubber duck serves.

Ruby Rhod was in the house and he had the party rolling! 

Lo Pan left the big trouble he created in Little China to bring the Thunder and the Lightning to WonderCon and then they made it Rain!

Rainbow Brite spread color all throughout the exhibit hall! 

Unlike McDonalds, this Rick variant was fully prepared for the demand for Szechuan Sauce! 

Clever Girl... 

Seriously Disney, put Captain Eo back at the parks!  It's pure 80's cheese! 

Warner Bros had a demo set up with an updated version of the game Rampage that also helped promote the upcoming film adaptation.  As far as popcorn flicks go, Rampage was actually pretty entertaining.  It was certainly nice to see a monster movie where the monsters were the focus.

If Hocus Pocus came out today, she'd be riding a Roomba! 

We end things today with a glimpse of the famed Anaheim Convention Center Fountain.  The site of many group cosplay pics, it's a great spot to camp around with a camera!

And that was WonderCon 2018!  I had a great time that weekend and easily spent more money than I ever have at any con!  I usually pride myself at still having $100-$200 left at the end of any vacation.  I clearly failed on this trip!  Still, I got nothing on my pal Matt.  I won't say the amount he spent, but let's just I was trying to talk him out of one of the things he bought!  Sometimes you just gotta splurge!

That's all she wrote for this week.  We'll be back next Wednesday to wrap up the countdown and the month April and who knows?  Maybe we'll even have some good news to report on when and if WonderCon 2020 will happen!  Until then, stay safe, take care and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment