PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

THE CRAZY COMIC CON COUNTDOWN 2023: TO 2018 AND BEYOND!!!

 

NEXT WEEK!!! COMIC CON 2023 IS NEXT WEEK!!!  Okay Jon, gotta calm down.  You still got a job to do, even though this blog is free and you don't get paid for it.  Integrity matters most!  Alright, I've yammered on enough.  One week from today, I WILL be cruising the aisles at SDCC, but for now, we gotta head back to the not-so-distant past!  That's right kids.  Tighten the velcro on those light-up Nike's.  The Wayback Machine is set and we are heading back to Comic Con 2018!  Enjoy...

I'd be remiss if I didn't post a pic of this costume I built for my niece Kristen.  It was the last year she could get in for free and wanted to cosplay as a grand finale, so we came up with this idea for armor and weaponry made from watermelon rinds!  It was a silly idea, but everybody loved it!  Took me nearly two months to build, but well worth the effort.  Everybody wanted a picture with her and as a final cherry on top, she was even featured on Comedy Central's The Jim Jeffries Show!  And for those wondering "What offsite was this at?"  Well, my front yard hosted no official SDCC programming, but it's always Comic Con at my house!

The Rampage offsite near the Omni Hotel!  Pretty fun popcorn flick!

Kira and Fizzgig!  Watch your fingers!

The offsite promoting the short-lived DC Universe streaming service!  Why the hell can't Warner Bros ever leave well enough alone?!?

Totally dig this Pink Panther/Black Panther crossover!  The sly cat was pretty heroic too!

Cyclops and Wolverine getting down at the Petco Park Interactive Zone!

Watch out!  It's Gossamer!

This is why cars aren't allowed on the streets during SDCC!  Actually, this was promoting the nearby Castle Rock offsite and I really do regret missing this one.  The YouTube vids I've seen looked really cool!  If they ever invent a time machine...

Disco Darth gets groovy at Hogwarts!

Balrog's here and looking for a fight!

Amazon had been setting up an offsite along the MLK Promenade for several years but in 2018, they REALLY upped the ante!  I didn't make it into this one, but folks were raving about it to the point that I went the following year and wasn't disappointed!  They haven't done an offsite since...

Little Beetlejuice and is here and ready to show off!

It's Arcade Man!  With the power to munch quarters and kill friendships in a single game!  And yes, his DigDug display was playable!

Finally, we learn the answer to a question that has plagued mankind for over a decade now: Deathstroke IS in fact a Bronie!

And that was Comic Con 2018!  A fun show where I was literally being shaken down by relatives and friends left and right to get their kids in for free!  Normally I don't mind, but there are limits to even my notorious patience!  Especially when I actually make it into a panel!  This was also the year my pal Riki had an interesting experience walking around the Gaslamp, but that's tale only told verbally!  Over all though, one of my best years at the show!

That's all for now, but we'll be back next week with a HUGE post a few days earlier even (MONDAY) so that y'all can have a head start on the awesomeness that is Comic Con, including tips and tricks for an easier experience!  So be sure to come back and check it out!  Until then, take care, stay safe and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment