PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Friday, August 19, 2011

SIMPLE NOSTALGIA

Hey folks! Just a quick update today as not much has really happened since last time. Okay, I did set up Monday Night RAW a few days ago, and it was a lot of fun (as it usually is). But I'm afraid I have no backstage secrets or spoilers for you. People never seem to realize that when they aren't wrestling, these guys are pretty normal behind the scenes. Still, I always love working the wrestling shows, and I can't wait 'til the next one comes in.

Anyway, I dug up this video classic in hopes of it waking up that warm, fuzzy feeling we all had back in the day when we got our first Nintendo Entertainment Systems, or NES's (It's hard to believe that that was 23 years ago for me!). Enjoy...

This was actually one of the first viral videos I ever saw back in '05, when sites like iFilm and youtube were just popping up. My friends and I laughed our asses off at this video, and yet we were amazed at how this simple A Capella group was able to nail each of the classic Nintendo themes. The only thing I take issue with here is including the Mortal Combat theme. As funny as it was, Mortal Combat wasn't on the original NES. It was on the Super Nintendo and the Sega Genesis. And for all you young bucks out there curious about why the dude at the beginning blew on the cartridge, well, old school video games would get really dusty and that was the only way to really clean them. Heck, I still prefer cartridges over disks. They were way more durable.

Well, that's all for now. But before I go, I'd like to say hello to my new friends that I made at the Artlab last night. It was nice to meet some other artists, especially from so many different fields. I got a lot of great feedback on my cartoons and I certainly look forward to the next meeting and to making even more friends. Take care, and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment