PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Saturday, April 2, 2011

WARRIOR WISDOM AND FARTIN' GARY!!!

Hello boys and girls and welcome to another edition of Jon's Crazy Stuff. On today's menu, I present a couple of belated April Fool's Day videos that will hopefully tickle your funny bone a little and make you forget that I didn't have enough time to complete my cartoons for this week.

Now that you've been seated, let's start with an appetizer, shall we?

Wow! I'm not sure what he said, but if the point of this was to scare kids away from smoking, chalk one up for the Warrior! This was obviously suppose to be an anti-smoking PSA that the Warrior did, and given that he has the Intercontinental Title belt, it was probably done sometime around late 1989 or early 1990. I'll let you folks decide whether this Public Service Announcement was effective or not. There were a couple of other PSA's that featured the Blue Blazer (Owen Hart) and the Rockers (Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty).

And now, onto the main course! (CAUTION: You might want to hold your breath after this one!)

This skit comes from the great Mr. Show with Bob and David, season two as I recall. According to Bob Odenkirk and David Cross, the shows creators (duh), this skit came about after the two were invited to Toronto to be a part of the city's comedy festival. Among the amateur performers was a guy who simply said something and then farted into the microphone. Naturally, the guy was a big hit with the Toronto crowd. To the other comedians, however, it was a huge gut check, since they had put so much time and effort into crafting their routines while this douchebag put five seconds worth of thought into his act and became the toast of the town! Having witnessed this ordeal, Bob and David decided to do a skit making fun of the gassy comedian, with the big payoff being that the farter gets out farted in the end! It's strange, but I always thought that it was a generally accepted rule that farting was funny.

Well, that's all for now. I'm really sorry about the cartoons not being ready. It may not seem like it, but it takes a lot of time to get these things done. I don't have any assistants or helpers, so my spare time is the only time I have to pencil, ink and color my comics, and lately, I haven't had a whole lot of spare time. On the plus side, I suddenly have a lot more money now to compensate my lost time.

With that being said, it's time to go and I promise that next time, there will be some new cartoons for your amusement. Until next time, I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment