PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Saturday, September 11, 2010

OH MY GOD!!! IT'S A HORNY MUMMY!!!

Hey folks! I'm posting a bit earlier than usually this week 'cause I need some time to work on my book. My style has evolved considerably since I first started. So much so that I now have to re-draw a bunch of stuff! Eh, if it needs to be done, than it needs to be done.

Anyway, I promised some truly terrible wrestling today, and I'd hate to keep you waiting. I have long contended that the Shockmaster is the worst gimmick ever done. A good argument can be made for the Gobbledy Gooker, but I'll take the shockmaster for the simple fact that he was meant to be main eventer. Do I think there were gimmicks that were even worse? Believe it or not, yes! If anything could top the Shockmaster, it'd be the Yeti. Who was the Yeti you ask? Let's go back a bit to find out.

The Dungeon of Doom was a magnet for crappy wrestlers. Created by longtime heel Kevin Sullivan as a means of destroying Hulk Hogan, the Dungeon was more a less group of goofy gimmicks that consisted of giants, fishmen, cannibals and even a leprechaun! Despite assembling such a motley unit, the Dungeon was never able to rid WCW of Hulkamania, much to the fans dismay. At Halloween Havoc 95, Sullivan decided to up the ante by introducing the Yeti (or Yet-ay, as Tony Schiavoni continually referred to him by).

A huge block of ice was wheeled out to the entance ramp as Hogan began to battle WCW champion the Giant (now known as the Big Show). As the match came to a close, a big melee ensued, at which point the Yeti broke loose, and turned out to be, well... a mummy. I guess the Turner brass didn't know much about their mythological creatures. To say it looked ridiculous would be an understatement, but things got worse when the Yeti hopped into the ring and proceeded to get freaky with Hulkamania!


Mere words are not enough to describe just how horrible this thing was. I don't know about you, but a mummy trying to violate Hulk Hogan is not my idea of good family entertainment! The Yeti didn't last too long and eventually resurfaced as Reese, a member of Raven's flock. The Dungeon of Doom, meanwhile, went the way of most mid-90s WCW gimmicks and disappeared after the nWo showed up.

Well, that's all for now folks. I'll catch y'all later!

1 comment:

  1. AHAHAHAHAHA!!! Hogan and Savage got some prison lovin from the yeti. Totally classic bad wrestling gimmick, i had forgotten about it.

    Good job jon, keep em coming.

    p.s.
    its me eddy from SWC by the way.

    ReplyDelete