PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Thursday, September 29, 2011

THANKS BATTON!!!

Hey folks! The above drawing was done by the great Batton Lash (Archie Comics, Supernatural Law). I met Batton last weekend at the Adams Ave. Street Fair here in San Diego. He keeps his studio at the ARTLAB on Adams and was a very nice guy. While talking with him, he quickly sketched this portrait of me! I must say, it's always kind of weird to see yourself in cartoon form. Aside from my own self-caricature, this is only the second time that anybody has ever drawn me (The other one was done as part of a group caricature back when I was the humor writer at the Southwestern Sun.). I really love this drawing, although I must admit, my right cheek isn't quite as squiggly. Thanks again for the drawing Batton, and for the kind words of encouragement you gave me. I'd been having some self-doubt lately, and talking with you definitely helped!

Well, September is at an end here. Normally, I'd be posting tomorrow, but I got a super busy weekend ahead of me (Four shows in four days at three different venues!), so I'm doing a quick little update today. I found this little gem on youtube a while back, and it still cracks me up to no end. Enjoy...

As a fan of both anime and the classic Popeye cartoons (The Fleischer Popeye's, not the Famous Studios ones!), this video is great on so many levels. I think we can all relate with Popeye's reaction to his first exposure to anime.

Well, I think I'll wrap it up for this week. I'll be back next time with an all-new Mike And Mindy, a haunting new Mushrooms and even more Halloween fun to help get everybody in the mood. Until then, take care and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment