PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Thursday, February 25, 2010

STONEHENGE



This Is Spinal Tap is a film that is very near and dear to me. When I was a kid, I found it funny because it was a bunch of grown men doing really silly and stupid stuff. As an adult, I have a much better appreciation for the film. Not just because I'm older and slightly more sophisticated (or as sophisticated as a 25 year old who still eats "Cookie Crisps" and watches cartoons everyday can be). I appreciate it more because I work as a stagehand. I've been one for six years now and just recently became a member of the union out here (I.A.T.S.E. Local 122, San Diego Chapter). I've done quite a few shows over the years, like KISS, Comic-Con, WWE Monday Night RAW and Wicked to name a few. I've been doing it long enough that I'm starting to realize that some of the things they parody in the film actually happen! It's a fun job, and one that I am thankful to have.

While I must admit, I've never seen anything of a "Stonehenge" magnitude happen before, I have seen some mishaps, like a few wardrobe malfunctions and even performers getting hurt during a show. Most recently, I ran spotlight for Disney On Ice and witnessed a few mistakes, like skaters falling down (the girl playing Tinkerbell actually hurt herself and couldn't perform for the rest of the week as a result), cars and props not being where they were supposed to be, and, funniest of all, the Pixie Queen's harness getting caught in the track that was supposed to make her fly over the audience. Her dialogue could be heard, but she was nowhere to be found. It was really funny listening to the backstage crew freak out over the head set. I can't imagine how the actress playing the Queen must have felt, being hung up a good 50 ft. above the ice!

That's it for today folks. Come back next time for comics week, featuring a new Mike and Mindy story and a random one-shot. See y'all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment