PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, October 7, 2026

EGADS!!! IT'S THE ROBOT... MONSTER?!?

Welcome to October CRAZIES!!!  I know, it's already a week in, but that's how the calendar fell this year!  The Spooky Season is upon us and I gotta tell ya, this Fall is already off to one of the busiest starts I've ever had at work!  I haven't even had any time for cider yet!  But there will be plenty of time for seasonal snacks and festivities as the creeps and terrors start to dip in. Coincidentally, this month is all about things that go bump in the night as we celebrate Halloween over the next four weeks with spooky art that will have you howling with terror, maybe even laughter.  Or it could be gas.  LOTTA bratwurst being consumed right now after all!  Either way, let's dive right in with our first entry, shall we?  Enjoy...

What the?!?  Grab the kids Miriam!  Head for the hills!  We're under attack!  It's a creature!  It's robot!  It's a monster!  It's a Robot Monster! Wait a tic... THAT is a Robot Monster?!?  Believe it or not folks, in the 1950's, this passed as high level science fiction.  Well, not really, but the film genre itself, not to mention the concept of special effects in general, were still pretty new, so a guy in a gorilla suit with a fishbowl on his head and set of TV antennae sticking out was about as good as it got at that point.  The real kicker though, if you got up close to the fishbowl, you could see a HUMAN SKULL!!!  In the words of the late great Count Floyd: "WOOOO!!! VASN'T DAT SHOCKINK KEEDS?!?"  Today's art is an oldie but goodie from Animal Alphabelts from 2018 where we depicted classic (And not so classic) monsters of horror, SciFi and fiction.  This creature was from the notorious 1950's schlock-fest Robot Monster.  I'd describe the plot, but I enjoy having brain cells left.  Should you ever feel the urge to watch it, the good fellas at Mister Science Theater 3000 already took all the guess work out and did it for you, so go watch their take on it instead as it's readily available on multiple platforms and far more entertaining!

Well, that's it for this week, but we'll be back with more Halloween fun next time with a monster who's better known for causing trouble at more jollier time of year if you catch my drift!  And no, it ain't who you think it is!  Until then, take care, stay safe and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment