Wednesday, September 23, 2026

A COLORFUL POST FOR A REGULAR JOE!!!

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back...  We are almost done with September CRAZIES, but there's no reason feel sad about it.  That means we're that much closer to Halloween!  And cooler weather!  Depending on where you live, you might even have a sweater on already!  Here in Reverse Narnia, aka San Diego, it's pretty much always hot.  Think I might retire to Canada someday.  The heat just gets to me!  But enough about that, it's art time!  Dug up a really old pal for today's post so scroll down and get reacquainted!  Enjoy...

Well bless my soul!  It's Joe Oriole!  Who?  You know?  Joe Oriole?  From Peppertown?  The series I started and swore I haven't forgotten about I've just been too busy to really continue with?  Look, cartooning is a fun hobby and all, but the keyword here is hobby.  I'm not paid to do it.  I got a job, I got a house, I got pets, I got responsibilities.  It's all I can do to keep up with this Blog and Bubble Fox sometimes.  Peppertown will have its time and place eventually, but more on that next week.  This was a piece that I was relatively happy with.  The background came out really cool but accidentally ruined Joe in the foreground with all the dust from the black and dark blue colored pencils spreading!  Just goes to show you that sometimes, it really doesn't matter how careful you are with these things.

Well, one more post to go, but I promise you we'll be ending September on a colorful note before heading into the dark corners of October, so be sure to come back and check it out!  Until next time, take care, stay safe and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment