PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

GETTIN' JACKED WITH THE JACKALOPE!!!

Welcome to March!  Can you believe we are already two months into 2020?  Time flies but it's flying into a time of year I can't help but get excited for: CON SEASON!!!  Many big shows start kicking off right around this month along with a host of smaller cons popping up around the big ones for good measure!  I'll be heading to one myself this weekend, but more on that later.  We have also entered the Season of the Boysenberry!  Knott's Berry Farm celebrates 100 years of operating this year and a big part of that celebration will no doubt be the annual Boysenberry Festival that is always among the highlights of my year!  The food, the atmosphere, the fact that it's an Orange County-based theme park that doesn't involve taking out a loan against my home just to go and you can see why I and so many others love going to this Southern California gem!  Needless to say, a trip to Knott's will be part of my WonderCon experience next month!

That was a bit of a long intro there, but it is a new month, so it seemed appropriate.  Having said all that, how's about we just cut to the chase and jump into the art, shall we?  Enjoy...

The famed Jackalope, a rare mythical creature whose origins actually trace back to the American west!  It's basically a rabbit with antlers, so, no turning to stone if you see one or wish granting if you catch one.  In fact, there's nothing truly remarkable about them, though if America's Funniest People is to be believed, Jackalopes more or less run around wearing dated early-90's clothes and messing with stereotypical TV bullies.  Only Uncle Joey knows for sure.  This particular piece of art has some significance for me as it was done for Animal Alphabets after they asked me to draw the theme for the letter J that week, which just happened to be a Jackalope!  That round was all mythical creatures, and there were very few that started with J.  Luckily someone, possibly even me, remembered this furry scamp, and the rest is history!

Hey!  Did I mention that I'll be at a con this weekend?  I did?  In the first paragraph?  I never fully explained it?  Well, I'll take care of that now!  This weekend, March 6-8, I'll be hawking my wares again at the San Diego Comic Fest up at the Sheraton Four Points!  You can find me in Artist's Alley where my books, prints and sketch cards will all be looking for good homes!  It's a small but fun show that has some really cool panels and discussions scheduled and quite a few big name artists in attendance!  It's also a very affordable experience and won't sell out in a matter of seconds like some other shows.  So be sure to stop by, say hello and take a CRAZY book or card home with you!  I'll see you there!

That's all for today folks.  We'll be back next week for a bit of inspired art that all came about from some silly word play.  It'll be a good time for all, so be sure to come back!  Until then, take care and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment