PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

WHITE ELEPHANT?!? NOT AT THE CRAZYVERSE!!!

We are back CRAZIES!!!  We are exactly one week away from Christmas!  Why oh why must time go by so fast?  Only seems like yesterday my brother and I were unwrapping our Sega Genesis in our grandparents' living room.  That was one of the best Christmas moments ever for me!  For some though, they may look back with fondness on a gift that wasn't so mainstream.  One that's a little more heartfelt.  One that might even be considered a little bit... Misfit!

The Isle of Misfit Toys.  Only Kevin Sullivan's Dungeon of Doom featured a more ragged bunch.  These guys were often the most memorable part of the classic Rankin & Bass special Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, with the Polkadot Elephant being a personal favorite of mine, though as a kid, I definitely would've made good use of a squirt gun that fired jelly.  My butt would've been sore as hell afterward once my mom's belt had its say, but it would've been worth it!  Another one from my first go illo_advent, this one got a good reaction on Twitter.  I guess we all had a soft spot for this sad pachyderm who really had nothing wrong with him, other than his polkadots, which really isn't an issue.  I would've happily had him in my toy box as a kid!

As Porky Pig would say, that's all folks!  But just for this week!  We'll be going up a little early again next week as nobody wants to read a blog on Christmas Day!  So tune in Monday for some bumbling fun!  Until then, take care and please think of those who aren't so fortunate this holiday season.  It's never too late to donate, so get cracking!  I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment