PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

RAR WITH TODD, THE CANDY DRAGON!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  No I'm not doing my Ric Flair impression, though I think we all gotta salute the "Nature Boy" every now and again, I'm celebrating the end of February!  Now before any tears are shed, let it be known I have no issues at all with the second month of the year.  In fact, I've had a lot of fun days in February over the years.  But if y'all know me well enough, you'd know some VERY good times are rapidly approaching, so yeah, I'm pretty excited for the coming month!  But we gotta finish this month first, so lets do this with a candy-coated cameo!  Enjoy...

This is Todd.  He is a dragon.  In fact, he is a Candy Dragon!  What sets him a part from other dragons?  Aside from looking like he may reside at Santa's Workshop in the off season, he also spews candy instead of fire, making him a safer dragon, though he still has sharp teeth and claws.  A dragon's still gotta dragon yo!  This colorful little fella comes from the wonderful comic series Phoebe And Her Unicorn, the tale of a spunky little girl named Phoebe and her Unicorn pal, Marigold Heavenly Nostrils.  Together, Phoebe and Marigold have all sorts of fun encountering fantasy critters like goblins and dragons while exploring a real world that sometimes proves even stranger than any fantasy realm!  Dana Simpson is the creator of this delightful, all-ages tale and a pal on Twitter.  She's also very kind and very supportive of other creators, knowing the ins and outs of web comics all too well.  When Animal Alphabets picked Dragons as their mythical creature for the letter D, I knew I had to draw Todd!  It should be noted that his eyes are actually red.  GoComics doesn't really do any archive feature without actually looking through ever last strip of the comic you're looking up.  So, I made a judgement call and thankfully, Dana liked it!  Kinda gives his eyes an M&M's, hard candy vibe!  Be sure to give Dana's comics a look.  They are fun reads for everyone!

And that's a wrap on February!  I hope y'all enjoyed the creatures of ancient mythology.  I had a lot of fun drawing them and once again wanna thank the team at Animal Alphabets for creating such a fun theme!  I promise there's even more waiting to be posted in the future!  Speaking of the future, the art will be going on hiatus for the next few weeks, but fear not!  I got a pretty good substitute waiting in the wings!  What could it be you ask?  Well, remember when I said some good times were coming in March at the beginning of the post?  Well, one of those is WonderCon!  And it just so happens, I got some more con pics to share from the past!  So be sure to come back and get in the WonderCon spirit with me!  Until then, take care and I'll catch y'all in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment