PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

THE CRAZY COMIC CON COUNTDOWN!!! LIVE FROM 2011!!!

Judging by the above picture of me acting like an idiot, I'd say it's time for another post in our CRAZY COMIC CON COUNTDOWN!!!  We're moving on up the ladder here, and have hit the rung marked 2011!  An up and down year for me, but that's through no fault of the Con.  Anyway, I'm sure you came here today for more than just my rambling and a pic of my classic "Bushwood Country Club" shirt.  Lets go to Comic Con, shall we?  Enjoy...

Being a stagehand gives me access to sights not everyone gets to see, like the beginning stages of the Warner Bros booth being built.  Oddly enough, of all the years I've set this show up, I've only loaded in the WB booth once.  This was also the first year they didn't have their iconic Water Tower set.  That, along with the SyFy Channel's old booth, were SDCC icons for many years.  Was sad to see them go.

Sometimes, the best things at SDCC aren't even indoors!  The free events outside the con began expanding this year.  Even the trolleys got in on the act, covering entire cars in themed wraparounds!

The debut of the Petco Park Interactive Zone!  For those who've never been (or merely look at my pics rather than actually read the captions beneath them), the Interactive Zone is a free mini con set up in the parking lot adjacent to Petco Park.  TONS of free swag is given out at this site, some of the best of the Con even!  It's also a food truck haven where some of San Diego's tastiest set up shop!  For this debut year, Marvel Studios, MacAffee Security, Sony and Sharknado put up some pretty fun pavilions for all to experience and enjoy.  The real highlight though?  People getting their butts handed to them on a mechanical shark*!

*See last year's SDCC2011 post for a pic of the shark! 

My nephew, Dante Jr., as Jack Skellington!  He was pretty popular on this day.  Every girl there wanted a pic with "Li'l Jack" as they were calling him.  For a normally shy and reserved boy, he really loved the attention.  Li'l Dante is now just a few inches shy of being taller than me!  He'll be Big Dante soon enough.  On a side note, I made his Bat bowtie and my mom made the suit.  The one that the Disney Store was selling wasn't even movie accurate!

Power Rangers...  Whatever!  I pretty much quit keeping track after the Green Ranger left the first time!

Blanca gets down in the exhibit hall!  Moments later, he was ejected from the show after beating up a replica of the 60's Batmobile!

Comic Con just ain't Comic Con without a Sailor Scout.  I think it's even written in their bylaws!

A picture of me that was up on the San Diego Union-Tribune's website that roughly 30 friends emailed to me after they saw it...  Before I was even aware I was in it!  Just glad I wasn't doing something dumb!

The South Park Parade in the Gaslamp Quarter!  Sadly, the show's reaching Simpsons level of bad.  Not enough people take the Gary Larson approach of quitting while ahead.

 Sith Joker!  If Disney had bought DC instead, I guarantee this variant would exist in toy form!

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAARF!!!  I felt so bad for this dude.  His dedication is amazing, but we were hitting triple digits that weekend!

The Colonel!  Depending on where you stand on health matters, he's either a hero or a villain!

This guy REALLY liked his swag bag!

Speaking of shows that were smart enough to quit while ahead, here's the crew from Regular Show!  Rigby's brother would be the one offering hugs though!

And so ends another look at Comic Con 2011.  At the time of the show, I was going through some pretty serious health and personal issues that made it hard to enjoy the show.  I soldiered on though, and among the big deals that happened that weekend, I got to be right next to CM Punk when he "Crashed" the WWE/Mattel Panel!  I also met Bret Hart, one of my all-time favorite wrestlers!  So despite the bad crap happening elsewhere, I still managed to pull a few rabbits out of my hat that year.

And so ends another week of the countdown!  We'll be back next time with a look back at what may have been my best Comic Con ever, SDCC 2012!  Until then, take care and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment