PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Thursday, January 24, 2013

CHORIZO!!!!!

Howdy folks!  Welcome to the last post of January!  Sorry to be brief today.  After a long layoff at the day job, I'm back to work and finally getting on my feet again.  And when I'm not at work, I'm at home with an insanely busy cartooning schedule!  In addition to trying to getting the February comics done, I'm also getting the files ready for my next book and working on a Special Mike and Mindy comic that will be available EXCLUSIVELY on YourWebComics.com!  I'm pretty excited about all this, especially now that it's official that I WILL be at Wondercon Anaheim in March!  Toss in the Anniversary specials next month, and it's awesome times here at the CRAZYVERSE!

It's no secret that I have a Degree in Film, but I've never really made any of my projects available, mainly because I consider it all in the past now.  However, my good friend Riki Medina just got interviewed for the Twxxd.com Podcast, and I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate than by sharing this project I helped him out with back in 2007!  And now, enjoy a huge serving of... CHORIZO!!!


The things I'll do for friends!  Yup.  That's me under the hood and through the power of special effects, I also manage to run myself over with my own truck!  I honestly can't recall if we did this for a class or were just screwing around, but the result was great.  Riki edited it and came up with the story (Based on the Grindhouse trailer for Thanksgiving Day) while we both shot it and pretty much ad-libbed all the dialogue!  That's our old pal Luis getting tossed around at the beginning!  The mask was my own personal touch and an idea that Riki absolutely loved.  It's kinda funny how the mask has since become one of my trademarks.  My only regret is Chorizo's accent.  Riki wanted him to sound grizzled.  In hindsight, I wish I'd done a Castilian accent.  It would've been funnier!

Next month mark's the CRAZYVERSE's Third Anniversary!  Some awesome Guest Strips and Fan Art have already come in, and more are on the way!  Why not get in on the fun?  Send your Mike and Mindy Fan Art to:

fans_of_215@yahoo.com

Remember to put "FAN ART" in the subject box and do keep it family friendly.  Mike and Mindy is an all ages comic and I'd like to keep it that way!  Other than that, have fun with it and send yours in today!

Well, that's all for now.  I'll be back next time to kick off the big Anniversary Celebration in style with NEW comics from Mike and Mindy and Mushrooms! (That's right! A one day only return to the old format!)  Brace yourselves, 'cause the new comics are gonna be a "Smash!"  In the meantime, take care, and I'll catch y'all later!

  

2 comments: