PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Thursday, April 26, 2012

HE WON'T BACK DOWN!!!

I have long been a fan of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.  So you can imagine the shock and horror I felt when I heard that some dastardly person busted into his warehouse and stole several of his prize guitars!  You might almost imagine how hard I laughed when I learned that the dude who stole the guitars got caught a few days later when he tried to pawn them off at a pawn shop for a measly $250!!!  Are you kidding me?!  Each of those guitars was worth $5,000 apiece!  And you only wanted $250?!  As Forrest Gump would say: "Stupid is and stupid does..."  I guess I shouldn't so shocked.  After all, when have crackheads ever used logic when stealing things?

To celebrate Mr. Petty's victory over the intellectually-challenged, I thought I'd share one of his best songs, I Won't Back Down with ya!  Enjoy...

    
Despite the title, this is actually a Tom Petty solo song, although Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell does play on it (Totally dig the Dennis and Gnasher shirt that Campbell is wearing during his awesome guitar solo!).  It was the first single off of his first solo album, 1989's Full Moon Fever.  You might also recognize a few other musicians backing Petty up!  Former Beatles George Harrison and Ringo Starr join in on the fun as does former ELO frontman Jeff Lynne, who also co-wrote the song with Petty.  Harrison and Lynne, along with Petty, Bob Dylan and the late Roy Orbison, had formed the band The Traveling Wilburys a few years earlier and had a string of hits in the late 80's.  Although Ringo is seen playing the drums in the video, the actual drummer for the song was Phil Jones. Still, I am of the opinion that Ringo Starr's mere presence makes everything better!

Well, that's all for now.  I'll be back next week with some new comics!  So be prepared as Mike and Mindy "spin" into action and be ready for a special new Mushrooms that picks up on the heels of one of last year's most popular posts!  So care everybody and enjoy what's left of the month of April.  Until next time, I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment