PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Friday, September 2, 2011

JUST IN TIME FOR LABOR DAY, IT'S MIKE AND MINDY!!!

Well, we're back and ready for another fall season! Yep, that means a new school year, a slew of new, really crappy TV shows and another season of football! Or, if you're a Chargers fan like I am, another great regular season that will likely lead to yet another disappointing finish in the playoffs. Oh well, at least the holidays are coming up.

Well, I see no need to stretch things out any further. You people want to see some cartoons, so pull up a chair and have at 'em!


Truth be told, I try to avoid gross-out gags, but not because I think they're wrong. I am a dude after all, so bathroom humor usually does get a chuckle out of me. No, the reason I try to avoid them is because they are simply overused in today's media. Gags like the one above used to be done as a means to shock or amuse people. These days, it's so common place, most people probably won't even flinch! Thanks a lot South Park.

Ah, the misery of childhood! Heck, my school couldn't even afford jugs or kazoos! All our band had were those stupid recorder things that you always had to play Hot Cross Buns on! And given some of the subs we had over the years, I'd of much rather been taught by a bum!

I had a chance to stop by the SoCal Comic Con in Oceanside last weekend. It's a very small but fun show that had some great artists hanging out. A few of these dudes were kind enough to put their spin on Mike and Mindy for me. So once again, I present to you the Mike and Mindy Guest Gallery!


This piece was done by Chris Moreno. In addition to doing this great illustration, Chris taught me the joys of a kneaded eraser! I love the can and banana peel thrown in for added emphasis. This is definitely one of my favorites.


Tony Fleecs did this awesome piece. I love how he gave it the look of a title card from a 1940's cartoon. In a way, Mike and Mindy do owe some of their inspiration to Tom and Jerry, although they're not nearly as violent. I also love the shading. If there is any one skill I wish I could pick up, it would be shading.


Tone Rodriguez is responsible for this piece. Tone, as it turns out, is a huge wrestling fan, and really got a kick out of my Wrestlecrap splash page. We spent nearly an hour talking wrestling, totally oblivious to the fact that there was a line of people waiting to get sketches from him! To all who were waiting, sorry about that. When two marks get to talking, we just get lost in the wild world that is professional wrestling!


This last piece was done by Tom Hodges. Tom does a lot of stuff for Star Wars and Disney and was a very busy man at the SoCal Comic Con. Everybody wanted a sketch from him, and it's easy to see why. I mean, look at the portrait above; Mike and Mindy look like total badasses!

Well, that's all for now. I'll be back next time with an all new wrestling post, one that I'm sure will make your heads spin. I'd like to once again thank everybody at the Artlab for being so welcoming. Artlab is a weekly meeting for all types of artists, and I've really enjoyed hanging out with everybody and getting feedback on my comics. They've also been posting some of my cartoons on their site, of which I'm very appreciative of. If you'd like to know more about some of the Artlab's events, check out their sites at www.artlabsd.com and www.artlabonadams.com.

Until next time, I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment