PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Friday, July 29, 2011

IT AIN'T GETTIN' ANY EASIER!!!

Man, Comic Con just keeps gettin' bigger and bigger. For the first time ever, I actually got tired of it! Still, I had a good time and made many new friends. I also got a lot of good feedback on my cartooning skills and even won my first award for cartooning (More on that next time)!

It was a busy week and I'm still recovering from everything, and sorting through my swag! So enjoy these pics while I try to make room for everything.

That's my nephew, Dante, hanging out with Lego Spongebob in the awesome Jack Skellington costume my mom made for him last Halloween.

The Mattel/WWE panel was better than I could have imagined. Bret Hart, Triple H and Rey Mysterio were all there to give sneak peaks at the newest action figures, including the Papa Shango Legends Series figure. All was going well until HE showed up...

Yep! I was right there for CM Punk's crashing of Comic Con and was standing next to him the whole time! When I was a kid, I wanted to be a pro wrestler. That dream obviously never came true, but being part of a wrestling angle comes pretty damn close to being the next best thing. It's definitely something I can cross off my bucket list.

It's Arthur, King of the Brittons. He was looking for a shrubbery.

Cinderella and the Ugly Step Sister. Wally Gator appears to be stunned by there presence.

Glenda the Good Witch cuttin' it up at the Walking Dead booth. Is floating around in a bubble her only real power or something? It just seems that the other Witches of Oz were capable of more.

How important is Comic Con? Why, Nickelodeon actually dusted off Pick Boy just for the occasion. What? Was Stick Stickly too busy?

Whoa! Must've forgotten a step while doing the fusion dance!

The Black and White Spies celebrate their 50th by spreading mayhem!

Fry and Bender share a tender moment.

Luchador Trekkies! Only at Comic Con.

Would ya look at that? It's John Goodman! Oh wait, it's just Bigfoot.

Speakin' of John Goodman, WIIIIIIIIILMAAAAAAAA!!!!

Ah, now here's a true legend: El Chapulin Colorado. For those of you not in the know, this was the inspiration for the "BEE Guy" on The Simpsons.

What the? Is that a (GASP) GOBBLEDY GOOKER ACTION FIGURE!!! Dear God, what's next? A Damien Demento figure!

THUNDERCATS, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

To sum it all up, Comic Con was crowded but fun. It was great to see and catch up with my old pals Eddy and Luis. I go way back with these dudes, and it seems like Comic Con's the only time of year we ever see each other anymore. I really miss the days when we used to kick it at La Bella's and Mr. V's after school. What can I say? Growing up sucks!

It was also great to see my good friends Matt Lorentz, Phil Yeh and Tyrell Lloyd again. Matt's a cool dude and an awesome artist who helped set up a phenomenal mural that appeared at the airport down here. Phil sadly suffered a stroke a couple of months ago, but seemed to be doing pretty good all things considered. He's still crusading for literacy and the arts, and seems to think that I'm going to be a big part of the future of comics. I don't really know what I'm artistically capable of just yet, but if you're reading this Phil, I'll do my damnedest to make things happen. Tyrell's a friend back from my SDSU days. He'd never been to Comic Con before, so I was able to scrap up a pass for him. Tyrell just finished his first 3D movie and is gearing up for his last year at USC. He's got a great mind for producing and directing, and I look forward to the day when I can say I knew him before he was famous.

There's much more to be said, but it's late and I got some drawing to do. I'll be back next time with some new cartoons, an expanded Mike and Mindy guest gallery as well as some special thank you's to the many artists I talked to who gave me tips and critiques on my artwork. Until next time, I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment