PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Friday, July 8, 2011

THE COUNTDOWN CONTINUES...

Hey there folks! We are now less than two weeks away from Comic Con and excitement is already building as banners are popping up around Downtown San Diego. And the news just gets better as the whole "Hall A 3D Theater" rumor turned out to be just that, a rumor. This is good news as it now means that there won't be any deserving small press or indie publishers getting pushed out by more mainstream crap. The schedule for the first couple of days is now up on the Comic Con site, so I'm already making plans. I've been looking back at past program books and am really kicking myself for missing certain panels because I wanted to go to a movie preview or get an exhibit hall exclusive. I'm going to try and be a little different this year and actually go to panels that might benefit me. Will I still go to a movie preview or two? Probably, but I'm really going to limit my mainstream attention this year.

Anyway, it's time to continue my trek to the past and take a visit to Comic Con 2009. This was a very fun year that had many highlights, despite the many attempts by Twilight fans to ruin everybody's good time (It looks like there might be a repeat this year as the first big Hall H panel on Thursday will be for the new Twilight movie, so consider yourselves warned!). Still, I had a good time and want to share the photographic evidence with all of you. So hop into the Wayback Machine and get ready for the ride! 2009, here we come!

Rorschach and Riki, when legends meet!

Halo Action! Love the costume, but the bag kinda kills it.

The Flaming Carrot!

Straight outa Bluffington, it's Quailman!

Somehow, I don't think George Lucas would approve.

So that's why he's always so amped up.

He's here to change the world.

I'd hire him!

He's on a mission from God!

A view to a kill. Many jealous dudes were watching this guy work!

When franchises collide!

The Ghost with the Most, Babe!

April O'Neal gets an exclusive interview with the Ratking and the Shredder at the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle 25th Anniversary panel.

Make way for Dark Helmet! Amazingly enough, that's a girl under that helmet!

Silent Bob skipped the Morris Day concert just to put in a Con appearance!

Fred Flinstone was a load of laughs, at least until he twisted his ankle while doing the Bedrock Twitch!

Gotta love the homage to Jack Nicholson's Joker from the original Batman movie. To this day, seeing it in theaters is still one of my happiest memories.

He shovels well!

Barf! He's his own best friend.

Master of disguise!

Well folks, that's all for today. I'll be back next time with a look back at Comic Con 2010. In the meantime, try to settle down and prepare for the Con at hand. After all, you don't want to walk into this thing unprepared! Take care, and I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment