PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Saturday, April 16, 2011

MEMORIES

Wow! What a day I had. I was at the San Diego Blood Bank earlier today volunteering for the annual blood drive. Each year, the Southern California Cartoonists Society (SCCS) comes to the event to draw caricatures of the donors as they recover from donating blood. This was my first year doing it, and I had a wonderful time. I only did three three drawings, but the people really seemed to enjoy them. I even did a special Mike and Mindy splash page to commemorate the event. Hopefully, I'll be able to post it in the future (I did it on the fly and gave the cartoon to Karyl Miller, so I don't have a copy). I look forward to other events with the SCCS and hope to do more volunteer work in the future.

Obviously, the big news in wrestling this week is the sudden retirement of Edge, real name Adam Copeland. You know, it's real easy to say that wrestling is fake and that it's all spectacle. And indeed, the outcomes are in fact predetermined. However, there is still a lot of athleticism involved, and sadly, accidents do happen. Just ask Steve Austen, Sid Vicious and Darren Drozdov how fake it is. Edge, frankly, probably shouldn't have been wrestling these last eight years (it was 2003 when he first broke his neck), but he soldiered on and definitely left a mark on the business. Whether the fans loved or hated him (And believe me there were a couple of years there when he was the most hated man in the business, and not because he was a heel either!), Edge always delivered. It won't be the same without him, but I applaud Edge for having the courage to walk away before even more damage can be done to his body. Maybe now Christian Cage can finally get his shot at being the top dog in wrestling. We can only hope the bookers will get it right (nothing against Alberto Del Rio, but he ain't ready yet).

I decided to take a different approach this week, choosing to show Edge's WWF debut as opposed to something really goofy, of which there are plenty of funny Edge moments, like the time he, Christian and Kurt Angle formed a jug band! The ironic thing about this video is that his debut match last a little over a minute after Jose Estrada broke his neck early in the match (Estrada fully recovered and still competes in Puerto Rico).

Well, that's all for this week. Hope y'all enjoyed the post. Until next time, I'll catch y'all later!


No comments:

Post a Comment