PEPPERTOWN IS HERE!!!

BUBBLE FOX

BUBBLE FOX
Now "Popping" at the CRAZY Forest! Updates Tuesdays and Thursdays

Check Out My Twitter

Thursday, October 21, 2010

WE'RE TALKING GHOSTBUSTERS, RAY STEVENS, CATS AND DOGS LIVING TOGETHER, MASS HYSTERIA!!!

Hey folks, sorry about missing last week. It's been crazy busy for me lately. Between a pick up in my work schedule and continued work on my book, I just haven't had much free time lately (In the last two weeks alone I've worked three conventions, done a full lighting restore and worked both the Carrie Underwood and Shakira concerts!). I haven't even had time to just plain hang out! Hopefully, things will settle down a little next week, so I can decorate my house and carve my pumpkins for Halloween. To make up for lost time, I'm doing a double post this week, so try to enjoy the videos.


Ah, it just wouldn't be Halloween without the Ghostbusters. Hands down one of the greatest movies ever made, I've always loved this film. An interesting tidbit about this video is that one of the celebrity cameos, John Candy, was supposed to play Luis in the film. Unfortunately, he was contracted to do Splash for Disney, and wasn't able to commit. Funny thing is, as much as I admired John Candy, I really can't imagine anybody but Rick Moranis playing Luis now. In the end, I think it worked out for everbody.

It's also interesting to note that Huey Lewis and the News were offered the Ghostbusters theme but turned it down, thinking the movie wouldn't be successful (Smooth Move Einstein!). He eventually sued, claiming that Ray Parker, Jr. used the music from Lewis' song I Wanna New Drug. The whole mess was eventually settled out of court and Lewis went on to do the music for Back to the Future. Quite frankly, it's hard to say who really won this battle. Both movies were wildly popular and are still loved to this day. Lewis had a far more successful career, but Parker's Ghostbusters theme was far more popular than the Lewis' Back to the Future songs, Power of Love and Back in Time. I happened to like all the songs.

And now it's time for round two...


I don't have much info on the story behind this video, other than my brother Dante and me used to laugh our asses off at this thing when we were little. I have to admit, this video has a slightly different feeling for me this year, having lost my cousin a few months back. But laughter has always been the best medicine for me, and this video is tasteful, or as tasteful as a funeral gone awry can be I guess. Ray Stevens was "Weird" Al before there even was a Weird Al. I've always been a big fan of his, and I hope to post more of his videos in the future.

Well, that just about does it. I hope to be back next time with another Halloween themed post to set the mood for All Hallows Eve. Until then, I'll catch y'all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment